Broken acrylic bottom wheel cover

Thursday evening I was starting a print and I heard a sound you do not want to hear. The acrylic wheel cover broke. This is a piece that you can not fix by yourself. Even if I had the part I would have to remove the entire gantry to fix it and I am not going do that.

Well it turns out the Glowforge will still cut very nicely. The metal wheel does not touch the rail and so the gantry is able to move back-and-forth. I contacted glowforge and I have a replacement on the way.

If this happens to your machine you will still be able to use it until you get your replacement. I have a Glowforge pro and I am extremely meticulous about the hours. It had 253 hours.

7 Likes

I would be very interested to know how they tell you to replace it. I can’t see any way without removing the gantry. In no way saying it can’t be done, just don’t see a way.

2 Likes

I am not fixing it but you can still use the Glowforge if that piece is cracked. It cuts perfectly there was a little hiccup with scoring.

Replacement machine is coming not part.

3 Likes

Thanks for updating us—that’s good info to have.

5 Likes

I have not tried engraving with it and there could be an issue with alignment but it’s working great for scoring and cutting.

3 Likes

Good to know when this eventually wears out on mine! Thanks man!

4 Likes

Just so you know…he’s a she.

5 Likes

DOH!!! So sorry!

4 Likes

ROTFLMAO!!! Your comment really made me laugh—- thank you I needed that laugh. Hope you are doing well!!

1 Like

No worries. It’s really easy to do when no one knows who people really are out here in cyberland.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.