Broken Machine

I have had the Glowforge Basic for 10months when it suddenly shut off after completing a project. Machine won’t turn back on. The outlet works and I tried another outlet. Glowforge wants to charge me over $1,000 to send me a refurbished one. Has anyone else had this issue?? I don’t want to be keep investing in machine that continues to break for no reason.

Sounds like at a minimum your power supply has failed - and you’re out of warranty. If you really want your machine back I believe they’ll do that too - but they’re switching repair facilities so don’t have any sort of timeline for how long that would take. They option they’re giving, for a refurbished machine almost immediately is them trying to get you back on your feet ASAP.

So yeah, it sucks your machine had a failure - there have been very few power supplies that failed , so you’re part of limited company - but I’d hardly describe it as “continuous”.

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

4 Likes

@deirdrebeth thanks for your thoughts.

@mmurphy110 I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. I see we have an open email with you. If we can provide you with any more information that will help you make a decision, please let us know.