Broken Nails and Alignment

Seriously - HOW do you get the paper OF! Broken all my nails trying to get it off…

And - I know I am going to read this as soon as send this - it keeps printing right in the middle of the material. I have reset the design etc. OK. Don’t answer - as me in a week if I have figured it out.

That’s kind of what we make our employees do - if it’s something they can LOOK up - they gotta do it.

1 Like

Start with this search and you’ll probably find what you’re looking for :slight_smile:
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=remove%20masking%20order%3Alatest

1 Like

Gorilla Tape is your friend for removing the paper.

2 Likes

Posting in Problems and Support opens a support ticket, so if you don’t actually want a reply from support, Everything Else might be a better place to post so we can all commiserate with you. :wink:

1 Like

Oh My…Thanks for telling me…I get excited and forget my manners and my common sense.

2 Likes

I have found that soaking in alcohol hand cleaner works wonders for dissolving adhesive. Except where there is MDF as it works wonders for dissolving that too.

3 Likes

A search on “weeding” will bring up all kinds of suggestions for getting the paper off. My current favorite is the plastic razor blades. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I second the plastic razor blades!

4 Likes

If you buy a cake from the grocery it comes with that plastic cake server, but then every time you cut a straight line you get a nice straight piece of scrap that will be very sharp, and a lot faster to make more than to grow new fingernails. :wink:

2 Likes

Happens to me all too often. My three go-to’s got the removal:

1. Plastic razor blades - Relatively cheap, and can buy in bulk. Cons to this, when doing intricate designs with lots of tiny pieces such as words, the clean up can be a bother and the delicate pieces may sometimes break.

2. Duct tape/Gorilla tape - Doubles as both a great way to remove the paper, and also for other things such as wallets and prom dresses. Only con I’ve found with this route is the frustration of overlapping a piece and having it stick to itself.

3. The excess paper - I can’t remember off the top of my head, but another user suggested using the back side of a design (that isn’t being used) as a replacement to using duct tape. Doesn’t have as strong a grip, but again, with delicate engraves that might be a good thing. Plus, you have a new use for it other than throwing it straight into the trash.

2 Likes

These are also amazing! The point end can sometimes scratch the finish though, so use it carefully.

https://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-2-in-1-Wood-Burnisher-with-point

I ordered these things and then my husband said he had them all in his shop! lol.

Thank you so much…You guys are great!

2 Likes

Another good use for wood scraps and broken needles.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.