Broken Piece on Guide Wheel

Our glowforge was not aligning correctly today, so I decided to clean the lenses. When I removed the lenses following the glowforge directions, I noticed there was a broken piece. One of the guide wheels for the x-axis laser mount is broken. Is this something that is easy to fix or can be replaced? I am freaking out because I have a ton of gifts to make for Mother’s Day next weekend

Generally that requires a replacement carriage plate, but it’s a part that is user serviced, so you likely won’t have to send the machine in for repair.

Support will contact you with more information when they see your post, and arrange for a replacement.

1 Like

That is reassuring that I likely won’t have to send in the machine. Thanks!

1 Like

Given support’s historic record and current shipping times, you may want to hunt down a backup plan.

1 Like

How old is your machine?

These are cheap parts ($2 or so) but support has been sending out the whole plate as stated.

We got the machine in December, so it is not even a year old and should still be covered by the warranty. If it is a cheap and easy replacement part, I would be happy to start there. Do you know what that part is called and where I would find one? Thanks!

I just meant it’s a bit excessive to send out entire plates for a cheap part like that.

There are dozens if not hundreds of styles and sizes, the exact part would need to be tracked down.

1 Like

Ok. Gotcha! Thanks!

I’m so sorry to hear about the broken wheel. I see you also emailed us about this and I just followed up there. We’ll continue to work on this through email, so I’m going to close this thread.