Broken Pulley on laser plate

I have a broken pulley on the plate that the laser magnetizes to. I have emailed and left two messages and no one has gotten back to me. It has been about 24 hours and I really need to get my machine up and running, it is less than a year old. Anyone know another way to get in contact with Glowforge?

Unfortunately the only way to contact them is email or phone call. Did you get the auto response for the email you sent?

2 Likes

I did get the auto response right after I sent the first email. That was the only response so far.

1 Like

Ok that’s good then. Waiting is the hard part.

It’s going to take several days to order the part and several days while you wait for that order to be fulfilled, and then for the shipping company to bring it to you. If you can’t handle extended downtime, you need to keep a stock of spare parts on hand, or a second laser so you can keep going when one of them is down. All manufacturing equipment needs maintenance at times. Even if nothing breaks, your machine has consumables like the laser tube that will need replacing, which can take several weeks including the shipping both ways to take care of.

3 Likes

It’s been almost four days and I have not heard anything from them. I don’t think i’ll be buying another machine.

1 Like

Not defending them as communication has always been a problem, but just so you know - support doesn’t stock or ship anything, they depend on the current outsourcing company for info on parts and availability, and they generally don’t reply until they have information to share.

Their support is commensurate with the price of the machine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.