Broken Pulley when Cleaning Air Assist Fan

Yesterday I cleaned the air assist fan on my Glowforge Pro for the first time. When I attempted to remove the belt on the right pulley, however, the plastic pulley broke. The instructions do say not to be afraid to use force, and I only used my fingers, not tools. Did I do something wrong, or has this happened to others? It’s been less than 24 hr since I sent an email to Support, but I haven’t heard back yet, and I’m very anxious to get replacement parts and get printing again. Maybe spare plastic pulleys could be included with the Glowforge machine when it’s purchased??

You didn’t do anything wrong, there have been other instances. You opened a support ticket by posting here. Support will get with you to send a replacement.
Welcome to the community, sorry about the problem.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

If they ever get to the point where they always have spares laying around they’ll likely show up in the shop - but for now it requires a request.

BTW, next time either post here or email support - doing both slows down their response since they have close the duplicate tickets.

1 Like

Hello @joywiz! I am happy to help get a replacement pulley sent out to you. I see you already emailed us about this and I just sent a reply to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.