Broken?

So, I am assuming this wheel is NOT supposed to be broken off in a chunk like this?

1 Like

Also, may or may not be related … I have some serious play in the bar that goes across. I just performed a full recalibration (with the camera and the little glowforge logos on the board) just a few min ago and it is already majorly off again. Frequent knocking noises when calibrating/focusing.

Yeah, that would be correct. Don’t try to use the machine until support can get you set up with a replacement wheel. :smile:

Yeah, thats a big problem. I am making ear relief bands of my own and have orders for several hundred waiting…

Sorry, but I’m pretty sure it’s not going to give good results with a broken wheel. Can you farm out the orders?

Not at this point. The broken wheel piece fits back in perfectly (clean break, not shattered) any chance I can at least temp super glue the wheel back together until a replacement arrives?

That’s going to be up to you. If I was desperate, I might risk it. But it might make a wobble if you are not perfect with your gluing.

Willing to risk it I think. How do I get a replacement part? (Thanks for all your help btw)

They’ll see this thread and get in touch with you about it, it opened a ticket for you. Might take them some time to get a wheel lined up, so good luck either way. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks so much! This explains some of the issues I have been having today.

Be sure to watch the jobs pretty closely if you try gluing it, and let it set completely (overnight) before using it. You wouldn’t want to make a bigger problem, especially on acrylic, which is fire prone.

That’s a manufacturing flaw in that wheel assembly. The steel bearing housing doesn’t contact the way that it rides on, but it is missing a significant amount of material.

Those wheels are common and cheap parts but replacing it might require a visit to the mothership. :pensive:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag, but I appreciate you providing such a clear picture of the wheel.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

Ok. Wheel super glued with super glue gel. Fan put on it to expedite dry time. Running some test prints now, significant improvement on cuts so far… Need to replace wheel still, but hopefully this will hobble me along to keep up with current orders.
Will update again, thank you all for your insight!!!