Bronco, Huskies and desert landscape

My very first Glowforge project!
I had my Glowforge for about two weeks before I successfully made something. Several failures in, I was feeling very defeated. I’m so thankful for this Glowforge community! Each time a problem arose, I searched the community posts and was able to find the answers I needed. Things started clicking for me and I was able to make my first project (a retirement gift for a friend). Thank you to everyone who contributes on here! My excitement is renewed and I cannot wait to keep Making.!

60 Likes

Wow, that is super.

5 Likes

Excellent project, and the first of many I hope you will share here. This community has been active for several years, and the shared knowledge gained through failures and successes is a treasure trove that you have utilized to your advantage. Keep on forging.

5 Likes

Holy cow! That’s absolutely stunning! A very inspiring piece of work that has me super excited for the potential of this beast of a machine! Very inspiring, thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Stunning work :heart:

3 Likes

Great work! Can’t wait to see the next one!

5 Likes

This is absolutely stunning.

4 Likes

Outstanding first project!

4 Likes

I love the floating letters above the top of it all! Great sense of depth and shadows!

4 Likes

Wow! what an amazing first project.

5 Likes

If this is a first project I can’t wait to see what you’ll create next. This is a beautiful gift for your friend.
Out of the park

7 Likes

Wow just Wow!!!

3 Likes

What a jaw dropping piece! Can’t wait to see what you do next!

3 Likes

Thank you all! :blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s an amazing first project. Well done! And - YES! - keep making!

3 Likes

What a stunning art piece!!! Quit your day job and spend all your time on the Glowforge!

4 Likes

That is INCREDIBLE!!! Sheesh, first project…mad skills! Is the drawing done in Illustrator. Would love to see process pix. You’re a good friend to have with gifts like that!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!
I made the drawing on Inkscape. I didn’t even think to take process pics since the whole thing was me winging it til it worked haha.
Now that I kinda have an idea of what I’m doing, lI’ll definitely take process pics the next go around!

1 Like

You’re winging it is amazing!!! That would be super cool to see the process! Looking forward!