Bug: Cancel when going to scan material results in re-calibration

I’ve noticed that if I cancel a print when it is in the scanning material phase, It forces the unit to have to re-calibrate. Is this a bug or is this the normal expected behavior?

1 Like

I think it is a consequence of not knowing it’s position if it just stops sending waveforms to the motors.

2 Likes

Normal - for now. If you need to cancel, wait until it says ‘preparing’ before cancelling.

3 Likes

The last several days have been hell! Last week scans where fast and proccessing a job ready to print also pretty quick. Now I wait minutes for the bed to rescan and jobs are taking forever. Even a simple vector is taking minutes to process. Add to that the the bugger goes off line every other job and the same with calibration.

Are the folks working on changes or something. Not heard of any improvements in ages.

3 Likes

@Dan said they had a cloud capacity issue over the weekend and they implemented a temporary fix - maybe it wasn’t enough.

1 Like

Thank goodness they are so transparent and announcing these things and don’t just bury them in a single forum post asking about some weirdness going on… /sarcasm.

And @palmercr That’s what I figured, but I wasn’t sure. I’m not sure why they don’t just finish the scan positioning and then move it back to it’s home so it doesn’t need to re-calibrate.

1 Like

Yes there are many major things wrong with easy fixes that I don’t understand why they leave them broken for months and even years.

When I’m doing a production run of multiple sheets. When one job finishes and I retrieve the cuts. I then place a new material sheet and close the door. I then add new graphics (PDF Files) to place on my screen which is showing the new material sheet I just placed. Soon as one object is placed the prior scanned image of my bed vanishes. Then I have to keep refreshing the bed image every time I place another object image. In many cases I have to refresh upwards of ten times. This adds a large amount of delay to a cut job not to mention the frustration.

Thanks for the answer @PrintToLaser, that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like