Bug Report: Switching between custom saved profiles has to be done twice to show new settings

Problem:
Switching between custom saved profiles has to be clicked on twice before new settings show in the details pane fields

Expected Behavior
When switching between multiple custom settings the values stored in the “details” fields should also update.

To recreate issue:

1. Create 3 custom profiles on all 3 tabs (engrave, cut and score) - total of 9
  2. Ensure the settings are all different (change speed and power drastically)
  3. Switch between profiles
  4. Click the ambiguous interface icon “>” right arrow - view the settings
    Result: active setting will show the “last selected values” for speed, power, ect… You will see that you must back out, click back and forth on another profile at least twice to get the settings to show up properly

Expected: that should not happen, clicking on a new setting should auto-update the fields on that setting without having to click the “back” button again.

Important Notes:
The problem can be intermittent. To truly get a feel for the issue act as a customer would who is stepping through 3 different SCORE settings, lets say to do “light, med, dark”. Act as one would saving and editing, testing then re-editing those profiles, sometimes editing multiple profiles at once. For example, bump up the settings for “light, med, dark” all by +1 power, switch back and forth, ect… you will quickly see the problem in that workflow.

Suggested Patch:
Ensure the AJAX being used also updates the ‘form-control’ input fields within ‘setting-group’ in the DIV 'ManualTabPane ’ within ‘SlideInPanel left’ - AFTER a user clicks on “back” and selects a new ‘menuOption’ from the ‘StepSettingsPanel’ button elements within the custom profile ‘option-list’

Candidly: I suspect that the ‘SlideInPanel left’ → ‘panel-content’ div from the previous panel is staying loaded in the DOM and not updating.

Software:
Checked in: Google Chrome - Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Checked in: Firefox - Version 90.0.2 (64-bit)

Problem has been around for a while.
(can upload screencast video if needed)

3 Likes

Hello, @christian.zagarskas Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! This issue will be reviewed by the team.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and for your very detailed report. We’re seeing this too, and I’ve shared your notes with our team while they look into it further. Unfortunately I don’t have additional information to share at this time, so I’m going to close this thread.

If you run into trouble again, or have other questions for our team, please reach out and we’ll be happy to help!