Bugging out

Playing around with some particle board and wood stain to pass the time :crazy_face:

Dragonfly is about 32” from head to tail.
Modified the file I had to accept the wing pattern I posted over in the free laser design section :slight_smile:

50 Likes

Wow, it’s huge! Love it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx was a fun time waster and even got to learn a few more things. Oh and my cat has a friend now lol

4 Likes

Loved it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice @primal_healer. Now I really need to cut the dragonfly wing you posted earlier.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! It would look great hanging like a mobile. Out of reach of the cat of course.

4 Likes

Fantastic! Love that it is so big! What fun!

3 Likes

WOW! That is awesome

3 Likes

Love that!!! Did the board swell with the wood stain? I have been thinking about using some for a project.

2 Likes

I love it! Now it just needs some iridescent highlights!

2 Likes

It did a bit being water based stain but it is minimal. I put all the pieces in the oven at around 100-120f for a few hours and it dried them out nicely. being such a random structure board helped out as well as they did not warp.

1 Like

yeah not sure how to add those but was going to head to the hardware store for some options today.

That is huge! Very cool project!

1 Like

I need it… with some etched mirrored acrylic for eyes.

Great work on the coloring. Takes it from cool laser cut thing to stunning art.

2 Likes

Thx, I was considering etching the eyes but decided to just put a plain piece of clear in them for now. Fully engraved ones would look really cool

3 Likes

I just had an idea. Will be tricky with it assembled but if you can take the wings off perhaps…

Do you have epoxy resin, and glitter or mica flakes? See where I’m going?

3 Likes

Yup i get where you are going but i dont have any of that atm sadly. but its all still loose parts still slid together so i can still take it apart

Neat little dragonfly (!) WAIT a minute that’s a cat beside it WOAH.

2 Likes

So big! Love this. Great project.

1 Like

Do you still have the paper one for comparison? I am contemplating making one from acrylic to put outside…

1 Like