Building a Community - Asia

Anyone got delivery date earlier than 1Nov??

Hello from Taiwan and still waiting for my GF
My delivery date is 1Nov tooā€¦
I think HongKong is the same date
Im wondering if i ask my friend in US to receive GF for me and transport it back to Taiwan will be faster or not?

It will certainly be faster, we cannot trust that our dates will not slip moreā€¦ history suggests they will.

However, if your GF turns out to have a problem on arrival you will have to pay full shipping for its warranty return and its replacement will have to again be shipped to you from the USA.

Iā€™m wondering why the price order from now is cheaper than the early bird buyers? Should I cancel and order again?:expressionless::expressionless:

*From HK

Depends on when you ordered. If you ordered the Basic model during the time period starting in mid-December 2017 they will give you a credit to match the current pricing if you notify them by sending an email directly to support@glowforge.com. (That was the only time that the pre-order price on the Basic model was higher than the current price. They wound up coming down a bit with the final price.)

They announced it in the April status update announcements that were mailed out to everyone who pre-ordered.

Send them an email if you qualify so they can set you up with the credit.

1 Like

Guys, my shipment to Singapore has been delayed to Feb 2019 now. Any of you facing the same problem?

Hi and Good Bye :sob:
I have waited 2 1/2 years and yes, my Singapore order has also been delayed to Feb 2019. I could not wait any longer. I think Singapore is gonna be a ā€œno fly zoneā€. So very sadly I have requested for my refund.

There is a new [not as sexy as the Glowforge] open source desktop laser cutter, made in Singapore by a local company called Lionsforge ![https://lionsforge.com.sg/craftlaser-laser-cutter]

I saw it at Singaporeā€™s recent Maker Faire and had them come to my school to do a demo. On a scale of 1-10, itā€™s not a 10, but good enough with a 40 watt laser. Iā€™m thinking of getting one for my school.

You should check it out. They will be shipping the beginning of the new year.

Good luck to you all and hope one day the stars will align and I might have a Glowforge too!

1 Like