Building a Computer Controlled Loom | RetroTech Journal

CNC Assisted Loom. Parts are made from a Glowforge

48 Likes

WOW! Nice Job…

1 Like

This is a wonderful video. The kind of thing I really like that puts so many skills together. This guy is quite creative and open sourcing it! Nice share.

2 Likes

Now that looks like fun! Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

Things like this make me realize I’m DaVinci’s idiot cousin :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This may well be the most interesting video about something I have no interest in ever.

11 Likes

Wow what a great video! Incredible project, well explained, and I’m super impressed by all your stop motion animations. Truly great work!

1 Like

Well, then you would be interested in this one too! This is for knitting, another method of using string to make cloth. I have really looked at this project and would love to do it some day.

4 Likes

This is absolutely incredible.

Great video! And great project!

Great video of ambitious project.

The design and creation of this is amazing. The video you put together was really well done, and I’m happy that it all worked after all your efforts! So cool.

1 Like

Wow, super cool! Thanks for sharing! That is such a deceptively complicated process.

2 Likes

Holy crap that was just stunning.

That is beautifully engineered :no_mouth:

Oh great. I’m glad you guys liked the video. I had to learned almost as much about video making as I did weaving during this particular project. :] I was kind of surprised to see that it had reached far enough that it was getting posted here.

13 Likes

We are all very impressed with your problem solving skills. Please stick around and contribute.

7 Likes

Seconded. :wink::+1:

3 Likes

Welcome @kurt.schaefer. You have mad skills. That video is so good.

4 Likes

I was checking out your blog https://retrotechjournal.com/. Thank you for sharing all the great info. I’ve wanted to use brass threaded inserts in my 3-d prints for a while but I think your Drill press trick is going to push me into actually using them,
Terry