Bumped!

I turned my machine on tonight (after working flawlesly until today). When I first turned it on, it said "“BUMPED. The laser head experienced a bump. Open the lid and check for anything in the way before printing.” I have checked my machine multiple times but it doesn’t appear to have anything in the way. Any suggestions??

Power it down, move the gantry forward & back to make sure it moves smoothly, do the same for the head side to side and then slide it all to the back left corner. Then turn it back on so it can re-establish its positioning. You should be good.

5 Likes

And make sure the material on the bed stays over the metal part…don’t let it overlap the plastic sides of the tray.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
If you want/need assistance, you will need to open your own thread in the Problems and Support thread rather than add on to an existing ticket.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag!

Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. The steps suggested were exactly what I had tried multiple times; however, as it would work out - after posting my thread and trying again, it worked.

I think what made the different was pulling out my material i was trying to cut. There were already a lot of cut out spots and i think it was just too busy and unable to focus. Once I removed all the already cut out spots, my camera focused and I was right back at crafting. Thanks!

2 Likes

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge and you’re correct. It’s likely that the shapes cut out of the material which was in your unit may have been interfering with the homing process. I’m glad that your unit is now homing as expected! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please create a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help!

1 Like