Bumping, loose belt, won't stay tight :(

The head seems to be jerking/jumping backward as it tries to home. The belt was very loose so tightened that according to info found here. I cleaned everything and turned it back on and it’s still making the same noise.

It didn’t hit anything but the edge of my masking caught on fire on an earlier project so I stopped the project immediately and took everything out. Cleaned it then and it kept making a “bumping” noise and now won’t focus, home or scan. Any ideas on what to do next? I’m almost done with my Christmas orders - ha!

Is it a Pro model?

Yes - sorry!

Okay…there’s something you might need to check…hold on…

Start reading in that thread and check yours to see if the same thing might be happening.

3 Likes

There are 3 belts involved in moving the head. Have you checked all 3? Also check to see if the wheels on your head are all riding on the horizontal bar. I had my back wheels jump the track and it was not clear what was going on. you might have to peek under the arm to see the rear wheels or just try to wiggle the head support, it should not rock.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the bumping noise. I extracted the logs from your printer and saw that there was material in the bed that may be causing trouble for the software.

Could you please try removing all material from your crumb tray and let your Glowforge run the homing again?

Let us know how it goes and we will follow up with more information. In your reply, could you also please let us know the time (with time zone) and date of the incident with the masking? This will be helpful to review the logs in more detail.

1 Like

Cleaning the crumb bed worked! And i cleaved it well. Thank you all for your help!

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve it.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!