Burning, burning, burning

Depends how aggressive your engrave is. :stuck_out_tongue: The one time I did see a little lick of flame I was trying to remove toooo much material.

3 Likes

well… sure, if you’re pushing settings beyond standard, that could be more dangerous.

2 Likes

I sometimes burn acrylic scraps in a fire pit, it’s pretty impressive. Always sitting upwind!

3 Likes

The standard HD settings are a problem. It is not the 450LPI but the medium power and very slow speed. I have done 1355LPI on acrylic and at full power, but I use 1200 speed instead of 350, and burning is not a problem.

3 Likes

Yikes!

3 Likes

I do walk away sometimes, with a phone in my hand showing me the view though the Wyze camera! If there is flame, or too much smoke even, I’d see it on the camera and go right back over. I’ve never had a true fire. The closest I’ve gotten is smoldering cardboard, but still!
Complacency is not your friend!

7 Likes

I saw this on Facebook, too. In the comments, the owner said she was working from a print she got out of the glowforge shop and she saw it was going to take 45 minutes so she walked away. When she came back, it was on fire. … but someone looked up the design that she was printing and it said the print time was “19 minutes”. Something along those lines. Settings were changed.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.