Butterflies! I may have gone overboard

It started out with a simple butterfly on curly maple…

I really liked the grain with the Ultradye, so I made a few more in different colors.

And then I decided if I my trip to work was now limited to going up the stairs, it might as well be a nice walk…

and it kept going…

and going…

I think I am almost there…

If you want to join me, here’s the file:
Butterfly w outer edge

81 Likes

So great! Thank you for sharing.

When my daughter was little we had butterflies painted all over her room. If it was now, this is certainly the way we would do it.

5 Likes

Why does this make me think of the whirligigs in the Denver airport?

Your butterflies are MUCH nicer, though. AND you finished both sides of the stairs! :wink:

8 Likes

The work you’re doing with engraving color away from substrates is really cool.

7 Likes

Love the pieces, and the final placement is great!

4 Likes

Is that the ones that look like giant roaches? eww

3 Likes
4 Likes

Ahhh! Not the whirligig beetles! I was thinking of insect vs insect :roll_eyes:

Glad the butterflies are free!

3 Likes

Every single time I see a post from you—— I think about the picture you submitted with the kitty’s toes

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Rory is still the number one reason nothing gets done:

19 Likes

Thanks for the butterflies and the photo of Rory. Both made me smile.

8 Likes

Great design, Thank You for sharing.

2 Likes

@geek2nurse I hope no one makes anything that resembles Blucifer (the demon horse of DIA). :rofl: Please, no!!

@shogun These look great! I started making some a few months ago and was supposed to send my friend a couple to play around with epoxy and they are still sitting here… oops LOL I better send them to her. haha (I’m allergic to epoxy so she will have to do it, lol)

4 Likes

That’s like having your own butterfly park in house! Like the design, thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

I absolutely love this photograph!!! Are you anywhere near Knoxville Tennessee?

1 Like

Hey man, that’s a beautiful picture, and I’m not a cat person - It’s the relationship reflected there.

2 Likes

I am just South of Atlanta, GA so it depends on how you define close. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man. Rory is my buddy and a total charmer.

2 Likes

That is fantastic!! You and Rory drive pick up @eflyguy and Nova and you all will come for dinner.

House Rules “Come Early, Stay Late and Eat and Drink the Entire Time!”

If you arrive in the early afternoon —— we will go to the gun range. Eric has some sweet Russian rifles.

2 Likes