Button Ssssentry

ButtonSsssentry.zip (8.9 MB) My version of the surround for the start button… This is a small print of my 7 ft boa named Kane.

The print is left a bit messy at the edges, because I knew it would be cut off when the file was cut out. You will want to put the button circle on Ignore, as it doesn’t need to be cut. I put that in there to get the sizing correct. Just make sure that circle is a tiny bit larger than the 1.5" that the button needs. That will make the whole file the correct size.ButtonSsssentry

26 Likes

done from this pic

10 Likes

Oh that’s lovely! That’s taking the escutcheon to the next level!

Unfortunately the forum strips bitmaps from within .svgs when you upload them - you can .zip them to avoid it.

If that’s not already finished wood, I’d be curious if the contrast would bump up if you oiled it. Kane is gorgeous

3 Likes

Oh!!! This I didn’t know, it explains all my problems with uploading the other night. Thanks!

1 Like

oops, correcting that! thanks!

it isn’t finished wood, so i plan to put a glossy spray finish on. i have several projects waiting for their finish because it’s been rainy and the humidity would have messed with my finish jobs. so will do soooon! :smiley:

thanks! i think she’s gorgeous too! it’s been a blast to be her pet! lol 20 years to go… :wink:

1 Like

Hard pass.

LOL Big ole danger noodle!

4 Likes

Soooooo freakin cool! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

lol that she is… but she is a joy for me. folks seem to be either fans or completely averse to snakes… not much in-between… :wink: I’m definitely a fan, from my early days! (too long ago :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Cool, but Ew…I am a fascinated disliker of snakes. How long have you had Kane?

1 Like

hi, Matthew I’ve had Kane for 10 yrs. she was already 6 when i got her from a guy. (she was already 6.5’ long too)

I’ve been fascinated with most all animals all my life, but reptiles are a fascinating lifetime love. though where i grew up, i only held tiny garter snakes. most of what we had wouldn’t be so nice to be bitten by. copperheads, cottonmouths and (as far as i know) ONE pygmy rattler. but i loved watching them from a distance.

3 Likes

love Indy! but i love snakes more… :joy:

I’m pretty much in-between.

Years ago, a few of us took a mini field trip during the lunch hour to visit a co-worker’s house that had three very large snakes (he otherwise lived alone). They each had their own bedroom. He let us pet them. Yes, they were pretty and felt really cool, but I wouldn’t want them in my house, primarily due to the odd smell of the whole house. Maybe it was the frozen rats thawing on the counter…

Anyway, that’s still a really cool escutcheon!

2 Likes

Very nice work, but snakes are for sure not my favorite. It would make me have to do a double take every time I touched the button.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t know them enough to have feelings neither positive or negative. I just like Indiana Jones. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like Kane shed the old skin not too long ago. I had a 6’ rainbow boa back in 1977 in my last year of college #1. I kept it in the display case of the Biology department during the week, then took it home w/ me on the weekends.

I was the family snake wrastler when I lived in Florida. “Got an indigo snake in your garage? OK, I’ll be right over.” “I’ll get the brown water snake out of your pond, let me change into shorts.” “Get out of the street, sidewinder; someone will hurt you.”

Your start button surround is pretty cool, too.

2 Likes

how cool! that’s me in my neighborhood! constantly relocating snakes! they know me as the Snake Lady! :rofl:

I’m anxious to put a glossy finish on the escutcheon. i think that will help a lot! after that, i will adhere it to the GF.

1 Like

lol i just jokingly talk to it, and tell her to push the button for me when it lights up… :joy:

1 Like

the rats are smelly. and if someone breeds their own rats for feeders… ugh. i can’t handle that smell. but I’ve had cats inside that were more stinky than all my snakes! lol since large snakes only eat once every 2 or 3 weeks, that’s how often they dirty the cage as well, and that makes them easier to care for, to me. :grin:

4 Likes

I will suggest using something removable for the adhering. Repositionable glue spray or double-sided tape. At some point you may want to clean that area, or (hopefully not) have to ship your machine in for a repair…

1 Like