Button Update?

I would not say you are alone here, but there are several disastrous examples of what can happen if you are not observing the machine while it’s operating, so don’t expect that requirement to ever change.

4 Likes

Yeah we mainly run 3-15mins engravings and when we do run longer 30-60mins pieces we make sure to check on it every 10mins or so. Just been running a ton of stuff lately and running back and forth.

Has anyone experienced any problems with the workspace being too cold in the winter time? The back studio is off the garage and not heated as well as the rest of the house. Thanks!

Andrew

The company has adjusted the operating temperature on the Pro at least once in the last 8 months. So can’t be sure. But my Pro, had an amber light at about 50 degrees last winter. The units were not giving descriptive error messages at the time. Can’t be sure that it was temperature related because I increased the room temp to the high 50s after that. Never had another failure to operate.

Since it’s in the EE category anyway, I wish you a happy day of the cake. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Happy cake day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.