Buying a pattern again?

Hi,

There’s a pattern apparently I bought for one time use, but want to use again, so prepared to pay for “unlimited”.

But I don’t see any option to do that–all my catalog shows is “already purchased” (even if already printed) and when I open it, nothing appears there either to let me rebuy, or even to confirm if it was for one-time or unlimited use.

So I can only assume a pattern that does not render was “one time” use. But is there a way to confirm the status on items I’ve purchased? Since a lot of time has passed since I bought most of them, I don’t recall–so either please direct me to where we can find out what we bought, and if one time/unlimited use, OR if there is not the option–please create that feature!

As well as explain how to “reorder” an item (whether one time, or unlimited), or set up the feature to do so.

Thanks!

1 Like

So you can go to:
https://glowforge.com/settings/purchase-history

And it will show your purchase history, including designs. It doesn’t show the license purchased, but it shows the price. I think putting the license info/type bought there in the product description of the item in your purchase history would be good.

I can’t help with converting a one-time purchase to an unlimited purchase though. Last I recall, it was on the honor system for now, until they set up the one time use only stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks! I figured there was a place to find out… (and I think many moons ago I did look there).

As for the “honor system”, seems they have a fix, because a one-time use seems to still show purchased, but when you try to “open your design”, it goes into rendering, but it does not show up.

So idea for “one time” is one you use it, it resets in the catalog again so you can either buy again one time or for unlimited use…

1 Like

Thank you for asking about this.

We want to help make sure your prints turn out beautifully, but we understand that this can’t happen the first time, every time. Because of this, you can print designs purchased for a One-Time Use license as many times as it takes to get it right.

We don’t offer a way for you to convert design licenses from One-Time to Unlimited at this time, but thank you for the suggestion - I’ve passed it on to the team. In the meantime, I’m happy to convert the license on our end. I’ll follow up by email to work out those details with you.

If you’re seeing a “Rendering your Design” message for longer than expected when you open one of these designs, this isn’t because the design has been restricted from further prints. The most common reason for seeing this message is that complex or large artwork was added to the design in the Workspace. This added artwork will take longer to render when you open the file from your Dashboard. It may take several minutes, but could you please try again and let me know if your design loads, or if you run into an error message? Thank you in advance!

Thanks Vee, I’ll get back on the machine tomorrow–today at a show (yesterday travelling).

Hi Vee,

The issue with the rendering isn’t that it seems to take too long, but when it’s finished & returns to the GFUI, it has not added any of the artwork from the catalog–and I’ve started with an “empty” GFUI (no artwork of my own)…

Hi Vee,

The particular pattern I am most interested in right now that is not rendering after its initial use is the “Straight Shot Cable Ties”.

I had also had the problem with the bifold wallet, but I ended up buying another pattern that I like better & creating my own SVG for it. (I machine sew, so I don’t need all the stitching holes).

Thanks,

Susan

vee

Staff

November 15

Thank you for asking about this.

We want to help make sure your prints turn out beautifully, but we understand that this can’t happen the first time, every time. Because of this, you can print designs purchased for a One-Time Use license as many times as it takes to get it right.

We don’t offer a way for you to convert design licenses from One-Time to Unlimited at this time, but thank you for the suggestion - I’ve passed it on to the team. In the meantime, I’m happy to convert the license on our end. I’ll follow up by email to work out those details with you.

If you’re seeing a “Rendering your Design” message for longer than expected when you open one of these designs, this isn’t because the design has been restricted from further prints. The most common reason for seeing this message is that complex or large artwork was added to the design in the Workspace. This added artwork will take longer to render when you open the file from your Dashboard. It may take several minutes, but could you please try again and let me know if your design loads, or if you run into an error message? Thank you in advance!

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sent: Nov 14, 2018 4:37 PM
To: bansai8creations@earthlink.net

Subject: [Glowforge Owners Forum] [Problems and Support] Buying a pattern again?

Susan Lanphere Bansai8 Creations Bremerton, WA

Thank you for reaching out!

When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh by opening the design, clicking on the three-dot icon, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

I took the liberty of resetting “Straight Shot Cable Ties” using this method.

I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!