Buying Designs and Using Them

Just a couple of Suggestions here on two topics:

1. It would be nice to have in the description of a design, a list of actual sized material, i.e. how many sheets of plywood boards, acryllic sheets or leather to know how what the design will cost to make.
  2. For people hoping to sell crafts, the material cost is so high you wouldn’t be able to recoup your cost of making. Maybe if Glowforge had a “point” system that would earn back a percentage of cost towards purchasing. Glowforge would sell more material and the customers would be getting a small (say 10-15%).
1 Like

Might be a moot point, but the actual license of the design stipulates that resell is not allowed for unlimited print purchases. To resell, one would need to purchase a single-print license for each individual item that was sold.

That being said, I’ve seen a lot of people reselling items made from Glowforge plans…

2 Likes

Someone pointed this out to me yesterday.

4 Likes

I have bought plans from outside which do allow for commercial reproduction.

1 Like

The thought that I’d pay 9.89$ PER UNIT for that particular pictured item, to have a ‘commercial license’ is ridiculous. Would be better to do a derivation/modification of your own, or buy from an artist who would sell a commercial license for 40$…

Yep…I think that’s the idea. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

GF probably thinks so, too, thus the pricing… :innocent:

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll make sure the team gets them.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other suggestions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!