Bwente's Tangram

Had a go at @bwente’s Tangram design using the files uploaded by @marmak3261, out of 1/8" birch ply I picked up at Woodcraft last week. Since it is unfinished, I used TransferRite Ultra 582U as masking. I’m pretty happy…

Here kitty, kitty…

I really need to make a photo booth…

I took this photo so I’d remember how to put it back together… :wink:

66 Likes

That turned out great didn’t it? I love the image and saying too. :relaxed:

5 Likes

I think I’ll try this on some bamboo ply next…

3 Likes

They make bamboo ply? (Didn’t know that.)

2 Likes

Inventables is very proud of it, but picked up some with a coupon…

14 Likes

YES!!! I’ve been holding off getting a Tangram set since the day I placed my order for a Glowforge because I knew I’d easily make my own—combine this with some of the cool layered/mixed wood designs some pre-release users have been doing with their projects and I bet you could make a gorgeous set to give away pretty easily.

6 Likes

It looks amazing! Thank you @dwardio for trying it out. Thank you @marmak3261 for fixing it.

I was looking for the original source for the background, I just pasted it in from Photoshop into Illustrator and never saved the psd. Ideally you anyone could just insert there own image.

4 Likes

Thank you to all the pre-releasers for working so hard to make sure we get the best product.

I am a bit envious that you all get to make stuff right now. I did not sign up to be a beta tester because I did not think I would have been able to devote all the time and effort that you all are putting in.

9 Likes

gorgeous !! Although grain direction gives you a hint on assembling the square :relieved: Came out very nicely - both the pieces and the artwork though !!!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! Thank you to @bwente for the design, @marmak3261 for the revision, and @dwardio for the execution! Now that’s collaboration.

7 Likes

Soooo cool!!