Calling ALL Tennesseans! Or anyone else who would be interested!

3 Likes

I have seen my fair share. It is very traumatizing having someone you love leave this world completely alone and not getting closure by not being able to say goodbye in the way that was planned, and set in stone. It has changed a lot. Caused so much pain.

This whole mess has changed so much. Not just for my family, but many. And it is quite scary. I try to pretend that I am not scared. And I have hope that one day I will not be scared

2 Likes

whoops, I forgot about that!

There used to be a list that people would add themselves to that stated their name and or user name and location. But the list stopped growing and nobody ever adds to it anymore. I forgot about that section there!

YES! TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!!! I WOULD LOVE TOOOO!!! :slight_smile:

What about those of us with a Plus? Are we chopped liver? :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

If you hold the gathering after Feb 2021, I think I can come. I want to see my cat & me celebrate our 15th anniversary.

2 Likes

Hey! No need to apologize!!! I think I have witnessed the view from about every stand point. Health wise, age wise, youth wise, religion wise, political wise, and financial wise. Not personally. But I have either family or friend from about every direction. Plus have had family AND friends nose dive straight into it. It has been an experience. An experience that I say I could have lived without. But on the other hand it has opened my eyes to alot.
I probably could have used my words a little more wiser and explained my aim a little better. have to have something to hold onto until things get back to normal. Some things will never be the same. And some things will never even be. But there is no changing the past, so I shall not dwell. Or at least I try my hardest not to!

It does me too. (Sickens me) How all of this craziness has evolved the way that it has is UN REAL!

All I can do is have faith and hold on to it! Or at least try!!!

3 Likes

Glowforge is Glowforge to me. I have a pro. But it is used a basic LOL

I know it will have to be after Christmas. I do know that much! The holidays is always packed tight for me as far as time goes! How it will be this year, I am not sure. But I have to just stick to what I am used to and say it will be the same. Just shortly after Halloween my head stats spinning. Even when we don’t have family coming in.

So I do know that much!

1 Like

I also take issue with this. Wishing and hoping is good, but will not solve the problem. Thankfully, I’ve not had any tragedies in my family, but I had a very close scare with my husband who is very high on the list of vulnerable people. Neither one of us are living in fear…just with caution and abundance of care about others around us. Covid will be gone someday, but in the meantime we need to follow guidelines.

10 Likes

Yeah I call it “Being realistic and living with compassion for other people’s welfare”. I find that trying to frame the things I am doing (and not doing) as trying to prevent other people from being sick helps me rationalize it.

It’s going to be a long time for this trauma to heal, emotional and physical both… but until it does, I will do my best to hold myself to a high standard of precautions and distancing. If not for me, then for everyone else, some of whom have less ability to isolate or cope than I do. As hard as it is for me, this has to be just brutal for people who live alone, or who have neurodivergence of some sort… They’re why I do my best.

11 Likes

I don’t think COVID is (or should be) political. I do think your implications regarding @markevans36301’ political leanings was a little over the line, though. (And also inaccurate.) But you apologized, so you’re still on my okay list. :wink:

6 Likes

Everyone who owns a Glowforge is Welcome!!!

COVID-19 is our past. Not going live my life in fear.

@MANDYpalmer83 and I together will plan an awesome Tennessee Glowforge Convention. I am going to work on getting local sponsors.

First order of business is date. I am thinking March or April. This gives everybody enough time to plan a trip to Tennessee.

2 Likes

No it is not. Wishful thinking isn’t what’s needed here.

Be cool because it’s going to get worse this winter. The math doesn’t lie.

11 Likes

New cases per day, US.

TN:

6 Likes

I don’t live my life in fear, but I do use potholders to take things out of the oven. It’s not “fear.” It’s intelligent respect for danger. Not to mention, in the case of COVID, consideration for the health and safety of others.

15 Likes

Sadly not everyone in this country thinks—or acts—like you and I do. Optimistically, a widely available COVID-19 vaccine is the better part of a year away. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re right on one point…you should not live in fear. You should however live in caution. That being said, it sounds like you’re throwing common sense and caution to the wind. That…is reckless.

5 Likes

Tomorrow I find out if I have breast cancer. The very first thought that came to me after discovering the lump on my breast—

“I have thrown away 6 months of my life to a virus I may or may not get.” Then if I do get it—— it is absolutely minuscule of me dying.

Personally among my family and friends we are done with masks and we are done with social distancing.

Three weeks ago, I was talking to an employee at a garden center. We had a very nice conversation for close to 30 minutes. We ended the conversation with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

This is my normal life and I gave it away for six months.

Together @MANDYpalmer83 and I are planning this GF convention and Covid-19 is not going to to stop us.

We would absolutely love if you came but I absolutely respect your decision if you decide not to attend because of Covid-19.

Covid-19 is truly is over in my life. I am not at all concerned.

Science has proven smoking cigarettes causes lung cancer.

I enjoy smoking cigarettes and I have been smoking for over 30 years and I am not going to quit because I may or may not get lung cancer, COPD, etc.

2 Likes