Calvin and Hobbes ceramic tile

I’ve always been a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes, and I love making these 4x4 ceramic tiles. Finally got around to combining the two! Added some cork to the bottom that I got at Ikea a good while back. This should make a nice trivet for my kitchen :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Very nice, I love tiles!

2 Likes

Thank you, me too! There for a while I couldn’t stop making them lol

Looks good!

2 Likes

Looks good! I appreciate the words.

1 Like

Looks great! Did you paint it? Is the ceramic underneath black? Can you share your method? Thank you.

Thank you. All the tiles I make are either colored with “sharpie” markers or acrylic paint. I used marker on this one since the lines were so thin. I won’t post settings here, but I believe I’ve posted my settings in the Beyond the Manual section. Once they are engraved, if I use marker, let the ink dry, then take a damp “magic eraser” type sponge and very, VERY, lightly go over the ink. It’ll take a little while, but the ink will stay in the engraved area and come right off the tile :slight_smile:

Oh I see. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Once again, it came out great. I may try this in the future. Right now I am experimenting with acrylic and seeing what works/ doesn’t work. Sometimes the load process for the glow forge app doesn’t catch all my lines if the cut lines are too close to the image. Have a great day!

1 Like

If you ever need help, feel free to message me on here, or, if you would like a quicker response, you can message me on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/rndesignco :slight_smile:

1 Like