Camera alignment getting worse?

Each Glowforge unit is tested on a flat surface. Many tables are not perfectly flat, which can create some friction when the lid closes. This is not harmful and does not require any changes. If you would like to improve it, however, try inserting a spacer - for example 20 sheets of copy paper - under the center of the printer. If that doesn’t help, try moving the spacer to either edge. It may require some experimentation, including more or less paper, to find the arrangement with the least friction when it closes.

I received the screenshots of the Gift of Good Measure that you sent me as a private message. (Unfortunately, I can’t keep up with Direct Messages. The best way to reach us is by posting in problems and support or by emailing support@glowforge.com.)

The test with the Gift of Good Measure shows that your Glowforge is performing within the range of accuracy that we expect right now. As we make improvements to the software, I expect you to see further improvements to your alignment.

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!