Camera angle off

It seems as though my camera angle is off. I can see a lot of dead space on the bottom of the crumb tray. Is this normal?
There are also times where the board I’m cutting looks crooked once it scans before I print. This doesn’t happen all the time but more often than not, and it happens with a variety of materials.

Welcome to the forum. It would be helpful if you could share a photo of the problematic view you are describing.

Have you run the camera calibration process?

Here is the “dead space” on the bottom. I’m not able to see some of the top of the board on the screen but can see a lot of the black, dead space on the bottom. It hasn’t looked crooked today while I’ve been cutting but will get a picture the next time it does

Totally normal. There are tons on threads explaining this, but I’m on my phone and too lazy to go to the extra effort that means it would take to find them for you, so you’re on your own there.

Definitely run the calibration, though. It’s totally worth it.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the snag you’ve hit, but I appreciate you providing the screenshot of the workspace inside of the Glowforge App.

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

I hope this information helps! Based on the log files we’ve extracted from your unit, your lid camera does appear to be working within specification. I’ll close this thread for now, but if you happen to run into the same trouble, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!