Camera Angle?

It appears that the door camera has a slight angle when its comes up on the computer. When preparing a project, one side of the material is smaller when on the Glowforge printing page. Originally thought this could be a calibration issue and attempted to calibrate it. However, the machine says no changes were made and the problem persists. Anyone have the same issue? if so, how was it fixed?

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re referring to? The camera is a fisheye so the image if very distorted prior to their program making it look flat. If your alignment due to the camera is more than 1/4" off that’s a technical issue, but anything under that is within spec. Generally the camera calibration can get you to sub mm variance.

1 Like

I’ll be able to get a picture soon. Using the Hardwood from Glowforge that is six inches in width one side of the board appears smaller. Almost a quarter inch smaller. I even measured the board, its 6x12!

1 Like

Have you used the Set Focus prior to viewing it?
Is one end right under the camera, and the other way over to the side - or is it mostly centered?

I have set the focus, also tried the board in the center and off to the side with the same results. I am attempting to make a Chess Set. I purchased the design from the catalog!

Yeah ok, that’s definitely not normal! Support will get here ASAP and help you out.

In the meantime, it’s likely the design will cut just fine - I’d run a test on cardboard (you can find settings by searching in Beyond the Manual). Presuming it works (and you correctly judged location on the right) then you can go ahead and cut it out of wood.

BTW, in case you’re curious, the box you currently have “off” (on enter settings) is supposed to be a score line :slight_smile:

Support will likely ask for a close-up shot of the lid camera, from the side, to see if it has become dislodged.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble!

I appreciate you providing this screenshot. Based on the image, I’d like to see the surface your Glowforge is sitting on. Could you take a picture of your Glowforge, and the surface it is currently resting on?

Also, would it be possible to take a close up picture of your Lid Camera?

Once we can review these photos, I’ll send over the next best steps.

Sorry for the delay here are those pictures you asked for…

Thank you for sending these images over! Based on the pictures, your Glowforge does appear to be correctly level, and the lid camera is in the correct location.

I extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints, and I noticed that the crumb tray does not appear to be correctly installed inside of the dimples in the bottom of your Glowforge. Could you check to make sure your crumb tray is installed correctly, and then run a test print and see if you see the same behavior inside of the Glowforge App?

Let us know how it goes!

The day I noticed this I removed the crumb tray and cleaned around inside and in the “dimples” where the feet go! All with no luck! I’d be happy to try again! I’ll let you know!

Thank you for updating us. If it’s possible to double check to make sure the crumb tray is installed properly, and you still run into the same trouble, please let us know.

The crumb tray was removed and dimples cleaned out and replaced but the picture still shows the same. I ran a test print as you requested. My other suggestions?

Life is a journey; let faith be your guide!

Thank you so much for working through those steps and double checking. We’ve made a change on our side.

We’d like to have you try a few troubleshooting steps for us:

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  3. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Place the Proofgrade Draftboard in the center of the bed and print the Gift of Good Measure using the default settings.
  4. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates. Without moving your artwork or your material, take a screenshot of the Workspace to show us the difference between the artwork placement and the actual print placement. Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible.
  • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.
  1. Post the screenshot to this thread, along with the date and time of the print, and we’ll take a look.

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.