Camera didn't take picture error

I’ve sent an email to support regarding this, but here’s what I’ve got:

When I turn the machine on, it makes a small noise as if a motor is starting up ( reminds me of a cat when you try to take their food away), and then it makes the noises it usually makes when it’s safe to open the machine and remove a project (triple clicking)… and then I get “the camera didn’t take a picture”.

I checked my cable connections and they seem to be firmly seated in their clips.

Not sure what else I could possibly look at.

Usually I hear back from support right away if there’s an issue, and I understand yesterday was a holiday, but I still would’ve thought someone would’ve reached out by now…

Next time either send an email or post here - doing both just opens a duplicate ticket which will be closed as soon as they see it, and having to close duplicates slows down the entire CS cycle.

You would have received an immediate auto-response - if you didn’t then the email didn’t get through (either yours to them, or theirs to you). Double check your spam folder, and make sure you have @glowforge.com in your white list.

Sometimes that’s an indication that your cable is failing, but there are a few things to check prior to jumping directly to that conclusion:

I was under the impression that this forum was also for users- I was kind of hoping that someone else might have known something and been able to help with the issue…

I wasn’t aware that I would be causing trouble by reaching out to other users.

3 Likes

Sending an email opens a ticket with support.
Calling on the phone opens a ticket with support.
Posting in the P&S section of the forum opens a ticket with support and allows other users to offer advice.

I’m saying in the future, to do one or the other :slight_smile:

In the meantime, post those pictures that support is going to need so hopefully we can spot something for you.

1 Like

No worries…you didn’t cause trouble. I think it’s rather an obscure point that by emailing and also posting here it will double up your request for help. You’re not the first nor the last person that will do this. In the future, if you need help…as @deirdrebeth has said, use the last option and you will get input from both users and support.

2 Likes

You are not causing trouble :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that the lid camera isn’t taking pictures. Thank you for all of the information you’ve provided so far. Based on what you’ve shared and what I can see in the logs for your unit, it looks like replacing the black lid cable is the best next step.

I’m going to close this thread, and I’ll be in touch via email very soon to coordinate getting the replacement part sent out to you.