Camera does not capture the work space

The camera is not picking up all the way to the edges of the proof grade material. Is there a way to adjust the camera so that I do not end up with 2 inch borders of material on the top and left of the bed?

Your material should be all the way forward and to the right to maximize the use of Proofgrade sheets. If your material is already there, then no, there is no way to adjust the size; the working area of the machine is less than the dimensions of a Proofgrade sheet. The camera doesn’t pick up the entire sheet. There is always a little at the top and left that isn’t useable.

3 Likes

OK, thank you for the info. Now I know where to start with dimensions when I start cutting my own materials.

Thanks for the answer @ben1, that’s right. Here is a little more information about the bed size - Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left.

I am going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic.

1 Like