Camera fails to take a picture

Emailed support and awaiting response.

After using the glowforge all day, we cleaned it. after cleaning the camera wouldn’t take a picture. Followed the troubleshooting steps and then we were able to complete another couple prints. After those prints the camera failed to take a picture again. Any advice or suggestions?

Mine is suffering same thing. Started a post days ago and still waiting. If you emailed, they will close this thread. It opens 2 tickets unfortunately.

When cleaning you need to be very careful not to get cleaning fluid in the contacts of the camera or lid cable connectors. If you do, use isopropyl alcohol (90% or higher) to clean the connectors (make sure power is off). You may need to remove the ribbon cable from the connectors. Use a q-tip soaked alcohol and dab the connectors. Allow the alcohol to evaporate and reconnect the ribbon connector. Power up the unit and hopefully your issue will be resolved.

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

It looks like you were able to call in and get a solution for this. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!