Camera is off on computer, versus reality

Hi guys,
What am I doing wrong? My cutting board is thick so I removed my crumb tray. I put a thick wooden board under the cutting board to lift it higher since I figure it needs to be at least crumb tray height. However it seems that my camera is reading it wrong since my cutting board shows its way on the far left when viewing on my computer, but in reality it’s matched up against the bottom board. Why? I tried recalibrating the camera a bunch of times, I tried the set focus, I even did the glowforge engrave thing on an entire flat board. First pic is what i see on my computer. Second is reality.

image|375x500

That looks normal. Remember, there’s a strip on the left side of the bed that isn’t shown in the camera view.

1 Like

The camera is in the center of the lid. From that angle, that view is normal. Go stand behind the machine and take a look.

That’s why setting correct focus height, or using autofocus, is so important to accurate placement of designs.

1 Like

Click with the Set Focus over the center of the strip of tape that you have on the cutting board. Then shift the design over so that it looks like it is going to land where it is supposed to land on the tape.

If you want to run a placement test before committing to it, use a very high speed/low power score (like 500/12%) to see where the engraving is going to land on the tape. That should be low power enough to not burn through the tape.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag!

As @Jules suggested, utilizing Set Focus may improve the alignment on this particular print. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.

1 Like