Camera not taking picture, black lid cable repair

I’m having the black lid cable issue as my camera is no longer functioning. I had the problem yesterday, but it resolved. No such luck today. I went to order the black lid cable to replace it and it popped up, $19.95. Ok, good, not great but at least not that expensive. Went through checkout and shipping is whopping $25 additional dollars. WTH. I don’t mind paying shipping, but stuff like this feels really scammy. It’s the same way I felt when the pro tools subscription came out and realized if I didn’t pay a monthly fee, they were slowing down my laser. Honestly, at this point, I don’t really recommend the Glowforge for people asking about first time lasers.

What’s your goal here? Why did this decide to write this up for us? Curious if you’re looking for something or just wanted to vent.

1 Like

Yes shipping is very high right now, along with anything you could possibly want to buy. Unless you have an electric car, the price of gas has gone up almose $1.00 per gallon, depending on where you live. Unless you don’t eat, food has also gone nuts. So like many other people, all I can say is suck it up butter cup! LOL

2 Likes

First off, your laser did not slow down when premium subscriptions became available.

Shipping is expensive. Add a few more spare parts that you may need to your cart and after $100 the shipping is free.

4 Likes

This is inaccurate. Nothing got slowed down, period. And the only thing that got faster for people with Premium was the processing at the server end – that’s the time between when you hit “print” and the light starts glowing. The difference is hardly even noticeable unless you’re using gigantic files.

3 Likes

False.

2 Likes

Not looking for anything. I think the only thing to do is buy the cable. It’s just frustrating and I’m venting.

4 Likes

Brandolini’s law in effect :slight_smile:

I get it, I’ve been there. Let us know if you need anything – install instructions or tips, etc. You’re certainly not the first person with a cable issue.

4 Likes

LOL. If you were Canadian that number would be double.

Way more than double, it was actually going to be $100 shipping to ship a $20 cable.

1 Like

This was a couple years ago to Canada mind you:

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.