Camera recalibration

Yeah unfortunately, as @eflyguy has noted, plywood can be very problematic. Some people have suggested shining a very bright light through the wood and looking for any voids / dark areas that may cause problems cutting through. If you can mark those areas and avoid them you may get some use out of the piece.
And… aloha! I wish I could get back there again someday. Love the place!

1 Like

My daughter is headed there next week (although on O’ahu) to spend a couple of weeks with a friend she made during AIT, who was posted there.

Both my machines are losing connection today. Multiple times. So it might be a Today thing. I have given up using them for the day.

Hi @kahaleilani My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

It looks like the forum folks were able to help you get everything solved! Unfortunately with non Proofgrade material I’m not able to offer much assistance. I would recommend making a new post in the Beyond-the-manual section of the forums.

We support many people who have Glowforges and live in Hawaii, you may find some more support on wood and lumber suppliers over there!

I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!