Camera showing old material

i completed my first print today. But, going on to continue printing is difficult because the camera keeps showing old material. i wanted to trace something today and couldn’t.

1 Like

If you click the Gear icon at the top you can force it to refresh the image. If that doesn’t work, you might need to turn off the machine, computer and router for a minute to let it reboot.

What Jules said - opening the lid and then closing should also trigger a scan of the bed, but if it doesn’t the gear icon is the way to go to refresh.

I think it may also be the wifi connectivity issue i stated last night too.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry for the continued trouble. When your Glowforge is Offline or refreshing the bed image, you will still see the most recently available bed image visible in the Glowforge workspace. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to look into the issue you reported, and it looks like the last request to get a new bed image from your Glowforge expired, meaning that Wi-Fi connectivity is likely the culprit. Have you been able to try any of the steps suggested in your last post yet?

2 Likes

Not yet. I just ordered the extender. Waiting on it. thank you.

1 Like

Any luck with this? It’s always good to do follow up with a problem that way others can learn and the issues are documented.

Basically just needed to get wifi working correctly. Placed an wifi extender and works perfectly now.

3 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.