Can i pause the glowforge and open the lid without canceling it?

Can i pause the glowforge and open the lid without canceling it?

I ask because im 1 hr into a 2.5hr engrave and the proof grade maple veneer is starting to lift in the corner

No, if you pause and lift the lid it will cancel the print. I know it has been requested to change that, but it doesn’t work like that today.

2 Likes

welp that sucks lol I guess i will just have to ride it out and see what happens.

Sorry, I hope it works out.

No worries thank you for the reply, Just making some omelets over here lol. guess i need to cut out some hold down pegs and not trust the wood to do its job.

4 Likes

The only thing that can be done is if the job has several parts (engrave one)(engrave two) ( inside cut) (outside cut)you can watch carefully and hit pause while it is going from (engrave one) to (engrave two) then open the lid and do what you have to do, then start again from (engrave two) putting (engrave one) on ignore.

2 Likes

Yeah i was thinking that would be possible but sadly for me it was mid way though a 2.5 hr etch

1 Like

As others have mentioned, it cannot be done, but what I’ve done in the past is create a new file. I’ve posted about it here: Just a Post and a Friendly Tip

If you have a Pro, you can possibly slide something through the passthrough while it’s paused to press down on the material, but for those of us without a Pro, my above method is worth a shot.

3 Likes

Thx for the link i will give it a read. I also thought about the whole putting a stick through the pass through but talked myself out of it lol.

1 Like

Thanks for the help everyone!

@primal_healer, sorry for my delayed response, but since you were able to get your question answered, I’m going to close this thread for now. Should you run into any other troubles feel free to open a new thread, or email us at support@glowforge.com.

1 Like