Can not print

so, I got the machine up and running. went to set up and followed all your intructions for 2 days now and on 3 computers. but when I get on line with the PC and the machine is linked to my wifi through the PC I loose the connection to wifi or i can hit the print button when I says it is ready and nothing. and, then all of a sudden i loose wifi again and the sync to the machine. don’t tell me to do it again. there is aproblem in your program . do you have a fix?

Glowforges are very sensitive to wifi signal issues. I had to put a wifi extender right next to my machine and give it its own 2.4GHz password-protected network that nothing else uses, and that fixed it for me – except when my daughter visits with her baby monitor. Microwave ovens, cordless phones, and other such appliances can interfere as well; even something at your neighbor’s house might be messing it up. Sometimes it helps to change the channel your network is using.

2 Likes

Typically, once you’ve connected your Glowforge to your Wi-Fi network and started printing, you don’t need to go through the Wi-Fi setup steps again unless your network name or password changes, or you want to connect to a different network.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge, and I can confirm that you’re connected. So you shouldn’t need to run Wi-Fi setup again. I do want to know more about what happens when you try to start printing. Could you please do the following for me so I can take a look at the logs from a print attempt?

1. Please material in the bed of your Glowforge and turn it on (no need to press the button on top, only use the switch on the back)
  2. Allow about a minute for the printer to calibrate
  3. Sign in at app.glowforge.com
  4. Open any design and prepare a print
  5. Let me know what you see on your screen when you press “Print” in the app, along with the date and time you did so (including time zone)

With these details, I’ll be able to take a closer look. Thank you!