Can’t connect to hotspot

I’m trying to connect my :glowforge: in my temporary home. The Wi-Fi here is notoriously flaky, so I am trying to connect with my hotspot on my iPhone. My computer connects to the hotspot and to the :glowforge: just fine. When the setup asks me to connect to Wi-Fi I point it to the phone. It freezes every time. No connection. Can you tell what is going on from the logs and point me in the right direction? Grogu needs to work.

1 Like

If it’s not successfully connecting to the wifi hotspot, then there will be no logs on the Glowforge side as there is no reliable internet connection to send them.

3 Likes

Bummer. Thanks.

1 Like

Jut spitballing here, but run Speedtest on your phone to see what kind of broadband you are getting. Post a screenshot here. That might help support when they do check in. Just google ‘speedtest’ and run it:

1 Like

That might be the issue. Even the speediest is taking too long.

1 Like

Sounds likely. Speedtest should time out in a few seconds and report results no matter what.

I turned off my broadband and even over cellular in my miserable location, it only took about 15 seconds to complete the test.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the logs have the failure information, but you can always go into set up mode, connect to the Glowforge from your computer, and download a zip file of the logs for the machine. You could email the zip file for them to take a look at.

1 Like

Hi @celesteprobichaux My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

@eflyguy has given you a ton of great troubleshooting steps already! A speed test would give you a good idea of how solid your connection is. They were also correct in saying that without it being connected there are no logs I can extract.

Although I can see that you did end up connecting to it on the 10th. Are you still having trouble with connecting the Glowforge to your hotspot?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please email our team at support@glowforge.com.