Can you score or engrave mechanic's tools? Like a wrench?

So my boyfriend is a mechanic and some of the folks at his job like to borrow his tools when he’s not in the shop. The problem is they either leave his tools laying around and/or claim they don’t know what happened to his tools when he notices that they’re missing. So, I want to engrave his tools with something that differentiates his tools from the others. Is it possible to use the GF on mechanic’s tools?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can mark them with Cermark or some other product but you cannot engrave or score them.

3 Likes

Booooo lol

Ok, thank you. I’m glad that I asked first. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can still do cool things with marking them.

2 Likes

True but just not on the GF…the GF would be so much cooler. :smiley:

1 Like

No, you can mark them with Cermark and it turns the metal black and doesn’t come off.

4 Likes

Oh ok, good to know.

Thank you!

1 Like

There are many posts on here that have things people have used cermark on. Search for Cermark.

2 Likes

Ok, will do. :slight_smile: I’ve never heard of that.

I love this forum…it’s true, everyone on here is so helpful and friendly.

2 Likes

We all started in the same boat! Always feel free to ask. Someone will help you!

4 Likes

I definitely will.

Thanks again friend!

1 Like
4 Likes

Check out this article for an inexpensive solution. As always make tests first.

3 Likes

You might want to remove your phone number as this is a public open forum and the bots can use it to end you SPAM calls.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll take a look at this.

Oh wow, awesome. Thank you so much!

Omg, I didn’t even realize that was included here.

Thanks for the heads up! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s brutally expensive imo.

Thanks for sharing! Laser Bond is great stuff. I have some bottle openers in line to be marked when the GF returns from the shop.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.