Candle Spinning Nativity Ornament

Nativity Ornament v5 Final

As you can see this design is inspired by the Reindeer Christmas Pyramid Candle Ornament available for premium users. I definitely recommend that premium design as it is top notch! My design is quite a bit smaller and less detailed but you can customize it as you’d like.

If you choose to print this you need to be aware of a few things. 1. The fan blades are cut from 2mm material. 2. The spindle is a bicycle spoke that is sharpened to minimize friction and glued to the base of the fan apparatus.

This design is the frontmost ornament in the picture.

Let me know if you have any questions!

38 Likes

What a nice share. Thank you!

8 Likes

I just love it how forgers get inspired by another design and make it their own. It is very generous of you to share your work. It is beautiful.

8 Likes

Also worth noting, the orientation of the blades effects the direction it will spin. The pictured setup will spin counter clockwise so if you attach your wise men like I did, they will enthusiastically walk backwards :).

I’d recommend attaching your blades so they unit spins clockwise.

8 Likes

What a generous share. They are beautiful.

5 Likes

This is incredible! Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

Super awesome. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the share! Very nice implementation of a German Weihnachtspyramide. I’ve been making and selling similar items for a few years and use a cap nut (turned so that the hole faces up) set into the base to capture the point and provide a low-friction support:

Cap nut

Much cheaper than imported glass cup bearings used in Germany. :wink:

11 Likes

That is a great idea! This design uses two layers of 1/8" acrylic at the base one with a small hole in it which holds the sharpened spoke in place.

1 Like

With the spokes sharpened it could honestly be a wood bearing on the bottom as well.

The spoke is light and has very low friction when sharpen to a point.

2 Likes

This will be a nice addition. I already have the Premium one.

If anyone chooses to build this one I hope that you will download and build the premium one.

It is really a beautiful piece of art.

1 Like

I have made the premium one. It’s sitting on top my bookshelf here in my craftroom right now. :slight_smile:

I think you might be amazed at how much better they will spin with a metal or glass bearing. :sunglasses:

I had to adjust the vanes on this one to slow it down after adding a cap nut…

6 Likes

That is a beautiful project! I’m I will definitely have to incorporate that metal bearing idea in the future designs.

3 Likes