Cannot connect Glowforge to WiFi

I’m having trouble getting my glowforge to connect to WiFi. My laptop and my glowforge connect and then it has me connect the glowforge to WiFi and choose my network from the list, my network is there but my glowforge won’t connect. I have searched here and done all the trouble shooting, turned my modem off and back on, restarted my laptop, restarted the glowforge etc… I have emailed support just waiting to hear back and thought someone might have something else for me to try in the meantime.

1 Like

Is your modem 2.5ghz?

2 Likes

That’s what it shows when I look at the properties.

1 Like

One other thing you can try is using your phone as a hot spot to connect. Perhaps the signal from your router is just a little weak.

2 Likes

I’ll try that. At a softball game out of town right now. I was thinking about running by Walmart and grabbing another router on the way home.

1 Like

Maybe a booster on your router might work too but that might not even be the issue. I’d try the hot spot before spending any money. Good luck.

3 Likes

Hi @trinawright71. I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing some trouble getting your Glowforge to connect to your Wi-Fi network. I saw that you sent an email for this same issue, which we were just able to respond to this morning. To avoid any miscommunication or confusion, I’ll go ahead and close this thread so we can continue the discussion through your email support request. Thank you!

1 Like