Cannot print

1. I turn on my Glowforge. It makes some noises and some movements. Not sure what it’s doing or when it’s completed what it’s doing.

2. I turn on my MacBook Air and go to setup.glowforge.com (as per label on big button). Not sure whether I have to do this every time I log on.

3. Setup.glowforge.com brings me to Glowforge.com ‘Unboxing Your Glowforge’ (which I’ve read hundreds of times). Press ‘Continue’ and it brings me to ‘connect you GF to Wi Fi’.

4. It tells me turn on my GF and the button should be glowing (which it isn’t…)

5. It tells me that my GF ‘is now broadcasting a temp Wi Fi access point…’ (it isn’t…). And it just states ‘waiting for you to connect to GF wi Fi…’

6. The manual states that if I press the button for ten seconds that it transmits a signal. I do this, the button stays green. I find the GF on the list of wi Fi and I click on it. It asks me to connect the GF to my home WiFi (having to key in my 12 digit password each time) and it finally says that my GF is connected to my wi Fi !!!

7. Then my Mac tells me I’m not connected to the internet!

8. Then I’m told I’m connected (???) and to go to the dashboard. I have a logo on the screen (in purple - not sure what the different colours mean - green and grey. (I’m loading from a memory stick)

9. I press ‘Print’ but nothing happens…

10. Imagine having to do all that every time I turn the machine on!!

It’s so frustrating… Can anyone help, please?

Ciarán
Dublin, Ireland

You only ever have to do set-up once. Once you’ve completed set-up you then connect your laptop back to your actual internet (as the one the GF is broadcasting doesn’t) and you go to app.glowforge.com and your machine should say something other than Offline at the top right corner - what does it say?

and welcome to the Forum - it does get easier once you’ve got a system down!

Once you connect successfully once, you don’t have to do it again unless your WiFi changes. Remove the label and bin it.

Turn on the GF. It will connect and do some things. While that is happening, go to app.glowforge.com in your PC browser. Log in if you need to. This will be the dashboard. This is where you will start your projects. Choose the Gift of Good Measure from the dashboard. It should load into the GF project interface. Load a piece of draftboard, I think medium is what they prefer, and then close the door on the GF. The draftboard should be pulled down against the front door and should be against the edges of the honeycomb on both sides.

Now you should be able to make the Gift of Good Measure. If not, you will need to post what is happening at that point.

2 Likes

You are basically there.

What material are you using? And, can you upload a screen shot of the entire app page?

1 Like

You can also hit “Dashboard” at the top of every community page (like this one), or “Home” at the top of the Support page. Both take you to app.glowforge.com

1 Like

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve been able to print since contacting us. That’s great!

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.