Can't Connect to Wifi

Hello.

I received my glowforge today, finally! I can’t get it to connect to ANY wifi network. Any troubleshooting suggestions? I have called my service provider and restarted the network, modem, router, etc and nothing seems to be working.

There is a short video that sometimes helps folks with setup:

Aside from that, there are some troubleshooting tips here:

2 Likes

I have done all of this. :sob:

Are you using 2.4 GHz on your router? (Sometimes it helps to set up access using a phone as a hotspot to rule out Wifi issues):

…you can create a hotspot on your cell phone and use that network to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi. This is a good way to rule out Wi-Fi interference, since you can set your phone right on top of your Glowforge!

You can find instructions online to help you create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your cell phone. Make sure that you set it up to be a 2.4 GHz hotspot, since that is the frequency your Glowforge uses.

Once the Wi-Fi hotspot is broadcasting, you can connect to it by following these steps:

• Turn on your Glowforge.
  • Wait 30 seconds. Then hold down the button for ten seconds until it glows teal.
  • Navigate to setup.glowforge.com and follow the instructions on-screen. When prompted to connect your Glowforge to Wi-Fi, choose the hotspot you created.
  • Once Wi-Fi setup is complete, go to app.glowforge.com and try a few prints.

Yes, tried my phone too. A macbook as well as chromebook.

Hmmm, well maybe support has an idea for you to try…sorry that didn’t do it.

Hopefully someone will contact me back.

1 Like

I had the same exact problem two months ago and I discovered through my MacBook my Wi-Fi was not at 2.4GHz.

Here is a link to my problem and the fix

Hello @southernrootsportrai, I see you’ve also emailed us about this issue and we’ve responded to you there, so I’m going to close this topic.