Can't download a design I just bought to work with it

I know that this topic may have been flogged enough to be dead, but dang. I wish I could download my purchased wallet pattern.

You Glowforgers at the Mothership - you are a creative team. Figure out a way where we could download. Making a swag in Illustrator and then uploading, design isn’t right/wrong proportions. Go back to Illustrator and upload again. Nope. Didn’t get it this time either.

Super frustrating. Sort of sorry I spent my money on the pattern. I wish there was a big flashing (bring back the tag!) sign that said that I couldn’t download to work with it. Maybe I missed some terms of agreement (in my giddy excitement for a pattern).

There are lots of wallet patterns out there in svg/pdf format. In the future, I will scour the 'net to see if there’s an alternative. I don’t mind paying… but now I am renting.

There’s a simple trick to add personalization to the Catalog files.

Make a purple rectangle the dimensions of the purchased pattern in Illustrator. Add your swag or whatever to that rectangle, align it, make it the right size - whatever you want to do. Save the file as an SVG. Drag it onto the open purchased pattern, and you can easily align the whole thing right on top of the original pattern, using the rectangle. Then set the purple rectangle to Ignore. Process everything else as one unit. Done! :slightly_smiling_face:

But you’re right, they don’t want us making modifications to the files on our own software. We’re buying a license to use that file to make one usable copy of the item unless we purchase the unlimited license - eventually that’s probably going to wind up being enforced. They’re relying on the innate honesty of the people buying the licenses now. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, @Jules. @chroni, I’m sorry that wasn’t clear up front.

I’ve passed along your suggestions to the team. Please let us know if you need anything else!