Can't print magic of good measure

Hi everyone. I’m following the first print tutorial and printing the ‘Magic of good measure’ file. But it’s erroring at ‘Calculating Precision Movement’ every time. I’ve tried restarting the GF and browser a number of times.

Also the scanned image is pretty blurry and only recognising the barcode about 50% of the time.

Any thoughts?

Welcome @chellegardner. Sorry your first prints aren’t going as they should.

When the QRC is recognized, does it populate the correct material in the sidebar and fill out the operations?

Is the lens seated properly?

Can you post a screenshot of your lid camera image here?

1 Like

Hey @marmak3261, thanks for replying :slight_smile:

I think the GF has better luck reading the QRC if its a little further away from the edge. But all the sample wood I have at the moment is pretty wide and the code can only be on the edge. Here is a screenshot…

Spin the board around so the code is in the upper left corner. It doesn’t have to be “right side up” to work and the upper left often works better.

If I spin it around the code is outside the scan :frowning:

That said I am able to manually select the material, so for now I’m more worried about the error after the “Calculating Precision Movement” stage.

1 Like

Are you able to use the Set Focus function? It is behind the gear in the upper tool ribbon. Click it and then click in the middle of the material or over the QRC.

OK just did the set focus function, on both the middle of the material and the QRC. No errors during the process but it hasn’t helped :frowning:

Wow that’s a really badly placed QR code. They almost always an inch or more inside the edge which allows you to flip it. But that’s why you can pick the material manually.

2 Likes

Bring your kid to work day :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the error message?

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.