Can't print through app - dialogs then nothing

The dialog box says:
scanning material > preparing your design > then the dialog shuts down.

I am trying to do a test with a simple square. I have attached the .svg. The problem is not unique to this file.

I use this file to troubleshoot. It’s a square with no fill.

Also, my preview looks odd. Usually I can see more of the space at 100%. I have attached a screenshot of that as well.
square

Here’s the screen grab. The camera view is set at 100%

There’s no “Don’t place things here” masking thing around the cutting area, like there usually is.

2 Likes

Those only appear when something is selected on the screen. :slightly_smiling_face:

(The shutdown thing has happened to me a time or two in the past, restarting the app and the machine sometimes clears it…don’t know what causes it though.)

I’m right there with you tonight. All appears well, but then “poof!” no dialog box to print.

I do my own ticket tomorrow. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I might clear my cache on my browser. Sometimes you can get a corrupt cache record and if it’s bad enough it can’t delete/replace the record. Then when changed code tries to come down from the server the browser barfs when it can’t store it somewhere.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know about this, and I’m so sorry for the trouble. We were experiencing some service degradation issues yesterday afternoon that may have caused the problem you described. This should now be resolved.

At your convenience, could you please try again and let me know how it goes? Thanks!

1 Like

I just tried. Same issue. The GF was off all night, and I have restarted/cleared the cache of my browser.

1 Like

Still in same boat with you… just opened my own ticket.

1 Like

Thanks for trying again. I’m looking into this now with our engineers. I’ll update this thread once I have some more information. Again, I apologize for the trouble.

FWIW - tested in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Repro’d across all browsers.

Thanks for the extra details. After further research, it looks like this was something that needed to be addressed on our end. We’ve made a small change that should resolve the issue for you. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please restart your Glowforge and try again?

1 Like

I am experiencing similar issues. The last day or two I’m having inconsistent appearances of this behavior. This afternoon the behavior has been prominent.

@cmreeder, you should create a support ticket of your own by creating a new post in Problems and Support, so @staff can address your issue, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are probably right. Thanks, @geek2nurse.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks to taking the time to tell people this. This and “Don’t open multiple support cases.” I used to champion these, but lately I’ve found either I don’t have time, I’m not in the mood to repeat it for the hundredth time, or you’ve already stated it. :slight_smile: I really wish they’d sticky these two items so it wouldn’t waste so many people’s time.

2 Likes

I was able to print last night. Thanks for the forensics on your end.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear it! I’ll close this thread, and please do let us know if you have any more questions.

And @cmreeder, that’s correct - if you create a new thread in Problems and Support, we’ll be happy to help. We prefer to keep each thread limited to one report, so we can give each the attention it deserves. Thanks for mentioning that, @geek2nurse!

1 Like