Cant unify two circles and a number

Hi. Im trying to do a table number for a wedding and i cant figure out how to unify them without the machine cutting out the number.

1 Like

What software are you using? Hard to give advice without knowing that bit.

I use inkscape.

Is your text still text, or did you convert the object to a path?
If you haven’t done the latter, you may need to before taking the union.

Not a Inkscape user, but have you tried unioning the pieces two at a time, rather than all at once? Can’t tell from your image series…

Backing up a step, if this is for an engrave, you’re probably better off just rasterizing the stack.

yes, Ive tried that. and its not for engraving is for cutting, on wood.

1 Like

The pictures are in the order i took them, it shows me grouping and the other union.

1 Like

I think I know what you’re up to. You want the final cut shape to look like the third photo:

To get that effect do a “stroke to path” on your circles, then select all of it and do a path->union.

If you still get weird results there may be a problem with one of your paths (I suspect the number if that’s the case)

Let us know.

4 Likes

:clap: :clap: :facepunch: omg it worked. thank you so so much. yessssssssss :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yeah so if you’re not familiar, circles are just that, a plain circle. You can change the stroke width but it’s still just a plain circle.

What you wanted was a “donut”, as it were… a shape that is exactly the outline of the strokes… hence stroke to path. Now it’s a nice filled shape, and union will work on it the way you were expecting.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.