Can't upload

2nd day with my glowforge. Everything worked great the first day. Now I’m trying to upload a picture and nothing happens. I can trace but not upload an image. I tried resetting the GF and my phone. Then switched to tablet to try. Same thing.
Please help. Thanks

First, see if you can print a known file like the Gift of Good Measure. that will tell you if it is a machine error of has to do with the file.
what format is the picture?

Can you give more details and/or screenshots:
Can you open the GFUI
Can you click the upload button
Do you get the pop-up window to select a file
Does it switch to showing you the bed and saying processing
Does it give you an error message

If no on the pop-up above can you go into a prior design
Can you click Add Artwork and Upload
Do you get the pop-up window to select a file
Does it switch to showing you the bed and saying processing
Does it give you an error message

Also - if you can, zip and upload the file here - often issues are with the art

Let us know!

Thanks for the quick reply.
I can click the upload button and the button changes color but nothing happens. If I click the trace button it takes me right to the trace screen. I can print the other images I have uploaded just not upload. The only thing I did prior was delete two uploaded files before I tried to upload before i noticed this problem.

Could the window for selecting your upload file possibly be hiding under your browser window?

Can you drag a file onto the Glowforge bed? This procedure does not put the file in your library, but it allows you to cut/engrave.

No. I’m using my galaxy phone. My computer is outdated. I have to buy a new one.

Ooh - I remember a problem people were having where the graphic was misplaced, but if you clicked to the left of the button it was actually there…give it a shot?

Thanks for the suggestion. No luck. I tried clicking left right above and below. Even at the add artwork button and click on upload, it still just flashes blue but that’s all. Click on the trace and it immediately goes to the trace screen. :weary: I really wish GF had a phone help line. I will be looking at computers this weekend. I hope it solves the problem. Skeptical since it worked just fine before when I uploaded 5 different photos at different times.

Yeah, sadly I’m guessing it’s a phone issue - but not sure how one clears the cache if you’re not using a browser

You are aware they have a chat option correct? From the support page. You should start the chat by saying you already opened a ticket by posting in P&S, but maybe that’ll get you what you need

Good luck!

I did not know that. Thanks. I’ll check that out.

1 Like

Ok so I just figured it out! I have been using my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with stylus since I dont have a working computer to run my GF. I dont know why it worked before and then stopped because I did not change any of my phone settings.
When I clicked DESKTOP SITE it started working. I tested this by un checking desktop site and it went back to not alowing me to upload.
Thank you for the help trying to get my problem solved.
Now I have to go now so I can get to making some stuff. :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Yay!

It’s still possible staff will be able to answer your original issue, but congrats on figuring a work around!

PS, your Shepherd (Malamute X? really fuzzy Shepherd?) is adorable!

Thanks for letting us know you got the issue resolved. Glad to hear you are back in business.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit a snag, and I’m glad you found a workaround that resolved the issue. Support for tablet and mobile devices is still in development and I’ve passed your feedback on to the team. At this time we recommend using a web browser on a desktop or laptop computer if you’re encountering difficulties from a mobile device.

If there’s anything else we can help with, you can open a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com