Canvas printing

Finally got past the “rendering” issue i was having. So I tried these two photos to see how they would turn out. I think i want to play with the images some more in a photo editing package , but i am liking the possibilities. these are printed on some cheap canvas boards i got last year on amazon, nothing done to them.

GTHz5Ss0Z1smriL9DJAJkNqh2.jpeg)

and here’s the after

Her white fur is hard to capture, so I may have to go in an try and darken it a bit. but overall, I’m happy with the results.

next time i will try some basswood or maple.

19 Likes

Aww these turned out great!

2 Likes

Very nice! Are those panels treated with gesso?

3 Likes

Very cool! One thing you might try is spray painting the canvas black and inverting the image. I found that I get a lot better gradations with that combo.

4 Likes

Of course the subject matter is the star, but the canvases look really good! I think just a little bit of tweaking can fix the white hair issue, but just the way it is look fine too.

FWIW, this is a decent example of editing that might give you a few ideas.

1 Like

Nope straight canvas board. I have some gesso I’m gonna try next.

3 Likes

Another great idea. Use flat black?

So you know, the titanium in gesso can cause sparking. A good one to watch :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have used both flat and gloss. They seem to work about the same so it’s really your preference on the finish.

2 Likes

:+1:thanks

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.