Carousel Spinner Take Two - Final Answer

Okay, got it finished up to my satisfaction. (Sometimes that takes a few tries.) :smile:
Did a major design overhaul on the Carousel prototype discussed here: Carousel Spinner

This one kind of feels like it’s cheating - the prototype was created totally out of lasered materials and was a lot more fiddly to assemble. This one cheats and uses a small turntable bearing (Amazon), but it spins better and is cheaper and easier to make, so I guess some compromises must be made.

The original and first remake had a fixed roof though, which I prefer visually, but this one can be spun using the button on the top (@Xabbess :wink:). (Sorry fellows, the horses still don’t go up and down.)

So anyway, here you go…time to go work on something else, I’m thoroughly tired of carousels now. :laughing:

71 Likes

So adorable!!! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You’re amazing!

3 Likes

Wow! that’s a great project!

3 Likes

So great – the bearing is a great solution to get the function you wanted and I love the pole redesign. Such a charming project!

4 Likes

Quitter :wink:

8 Likes

Oh, it’s fantastic! I still wanna see your hedgie in a photo shoot on this thing.

4 Likes

Ooooh! Like a giant Hedgezilla! (Damn! Almost worth getting another hedgehog…) :smile:

6 Likes

Even with what I have come to expect from you I am still blown away by this.

4 Likes

That is wonderful! (my horses don’t go up and down either…)

3 Likes

Fantastic! When I saw the first one a while back, I really just thought you were being hard on yourself and it didn’t need improvement. I still think it didn’t, but I love the changes you made for this iteration too! I particularly like the rope design for the vertical posts.

2 Likes

Fantastic Job

2 Likes

I like this one the best, :grin:

1 Like

Did you lose yours? :cry:

1 Like

Oh he’s been gone for years - they don’t last very long. (He had a good hedgie life while he was with us though, no sadness …thought I’d mentioned that, but I might not have. ) He was before the kitties I currently have…I don’t think they would get along too well.

Waaay too much drama. :smile:

3 Likes

So cool! I might have to try this… the horse action sounds very challenging… hmm

Coming up with a great solution is NOT Cheating!! It’s innovation.

4 Likes

Love the finished / final carousel!!! Love the poles and the floor … little details add so much!

1 Like

I like this version even more. Beautiful!

1 Like

Amazing (although not surprising!) Really turned out beautifully. Although it seems we may have created a new euphemism " Her carousels’s spinning but the horses aren’t going up and down…" LOL

8 Likes