Carriage plate clicking?

Believe me when I say I have been at this for about 5 hours now. I have already emailed support and thinking I will need a whole new carriage plate (which I am willing to pay for). My machine is no longer under warranty. My lines weren’t aligning but just a hair line. Or when I engraved it became out of line. I’ll post an example. Below are two golden retrievers i engraved. The one on the left is one I did that turned out great!! The one on the right you can see by the nose that the engraving starts to shift.

I took of the carriage plate, adjusted tension on the belt, cleaned everything. It still is skipping lines or engraving lines.

When I move the carriage plate back and forth there’s hesitation and like a clicking noise. I have examined everything. The belt there was a slight fraying but when I looked to see if the belt moving interferes with that part it doesn’t at all. The frayed part is directly to the left of the plate so it doesn’t roll over the side pulley wheels at all. I also looked at all of the teeth on the belt and the wheels and I am not seeing anything. Here is a video of the noise it’s making. I don’t feel anything when it jumps or clicks. I cannot for the life of me figure it out but hoping it’s just the carriage plate that needs to be replaced and GF can assist me with replacing it :grinning:

Please don’t come for me because I know my GF is a hot mess right now and needs some elbow grease :sweat_smile:

TIA!

I can see that you’ve also reached out via email and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.